Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanks

What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me?
... I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving
and call on the name of the Lord.
Psalm 116

For wonderful Kenyan friends.


For the privilege of worshiping with Kenyan believers.


For the many ways we can serve here at Kijabe.


For the opportunity to share with those who are poor, hungry, and in need.


For many warm, sunny days, and for a nice fire on a cold, rainy day.


For beautiful views of Mt Longonot and the Great Rift Valley.


For the beautiful plants and animals that God has placed in this country.


For fresh fruit in abundance - mangos, bananas, watermelon, pineapple, passion fruit, papayas, and more.


For the lady at the market who bakes homemade English muffins.


For a comfortable and cozy home.


For opportunities to teach.


For care packages from home.


For email and a cell phone that allow us to stay in touch.


For friends and family at home who call us, write to us, and encourage us. For those who keep a watchful eye on our house while it is vacant.



For Kenyan children, who are the hope of the future for Kenya.


For these things and many more, we offer our thanks to God this Thanksgiving.


- Doug & Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Bee-utiful! I love the pictures. xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Doug and Kathy!!
    Well, thank you, Doug for the fresh link in your email...because as you can see, that led me here. I've been browsing through the "older posts" to catch up on what the last few months have brought you. It's an amazing range of emotion and experience already. It sounds like it could be easily overwhelming on so many levels. I have a hard time seeing myself in that picture. We are so incredibly surrounded with comfort in America. So incredibly spoiled.
    Thanks for the connection. I will be praying more for you. What a huge life you're living in the middle of impoverishment.
    love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete