I am the Lord, who made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself.
Isaiah 44:24

who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself.
Isaiah 44:24

I'm going to miss this mountain. My father gave me a love of mountain climbing, and I've loved climbing this one, 7 times so far this year with one more trip scheduled later this month.
Even more, I've loved taking others to the top, watching their amazement as they step onto the caldera rim, and then make their way to the summit.
We've enjoyed watching the mountain from our house, too. In the morning the sunshine kisses the summit of Longonot, then works its way down the flanks as daylight pours over the escarpment behind Kijabe.
In the evening Kathy and I sit at our supper table, watching the sun set behind the mountain. In between, clouds drift by and storms sometimes move down from the north, engulfing the mountain in cloud and rain.
Their world is a small one, limited to their own village and cities along the highway. What a joy to show them a little of what surrounds them!
Each time I walk
the final paces back to the main gate, I have a strong feeling of satisfaction and gratitude for the opportunity to climb this mountain and gaze at the remarkable parts of God's creation on display here.So I'll go one more time, and take a few others with me, for most of them their first time up. And soon after that it will be time to leave Kenya and head for home.
- Doug

I am envious but oh so happy for you!
ReplyDelete